the easiest (grain free & refined sugar free) skillet cookie
There's nothing better than a warm skillet chocolate chip cookie with a scoop of ice-cream on top. When you're sensitive to sugar and dairy, enjoying something like this is a challenge. So, I came up with my own way to have my cookie, and eat it, too (ha!).
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil (go ahead and melt it)
- 2/3 cup monk fruit or stevia. (you can sub for honey or coconut sugar)
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- as many chocolate chips as you'd like!
- pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- line cast iron skillet with non-stick substance (i use coconut oil)
- In one large bowl, add all ingredients and mix until there are no clumps
- add the dough into the cast iron and flatten with a spoon or spatula
- bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and cooked in the middle
- add your favorite non-dairy ice cream
- enjoy! and make 100 more times!
That's it! Pretty easy and delicious! I've linked all of the staples from my kitchen that made this skillet cookie come to life!