the best books for developing yourself.
I titled this post "developing yourself" instead of "professional development" because to develop professionally, you must develop yourself in other areas first.
One observation I have made among entrepreneurs, leaders, and successful people, in general, is that they all have one thing in common... they take time to read.
Now that I've been reading more and more, I put a little reading guide together for you full of books that I've found useful for my personal development.
- Stop doubting your greatness! you're full of inspiring potential. The goal is to observe this potential and unlock it! This book helped me unlock my greatness and embrace how I get work done and view my work ethic.
- Don't believe the lies you tell yourself! These little lies are really hard to fight but this book tells you how to shut them down. The goal after reading this book is to find out how you truly are without the lies you tell yourself so you can arrive at your optimal destination.
- If you're an enneagram enthusiast like I am, this will be a great read for you. This book is so interesting because it identifies your unique enneagram type and reveals strengths, weaknesses, and how to find your healthiest self.
- If you like journal type books, I recommend this one. We're all human and we all have something we have a hard time letting go of. Whether it's a person, bad behaviors, or habits, journaling it out is very beneficial. We have the power to leave bad habits behind, but it takes work!
- Looking for some female empowerment? I found this book through Reese Witherspoon's book recommendations and it's incredible. Unleash the power of being a woman, it's about time! Here's Reeses's review: "Packed with incredible insight about what it means to be a woman today.” I really couldn't agree more, it's worth a read for all women alike.
Have some good reads that aren't on my list? Share them with me in Instagram @nellamoon, I cannot wait to see what's on your list.