I recently discovered Dr. Axe’s recipe for a all natural dry shampoo and let me tell you it is “all the things” and more. I have spent lots of money on expensive dry shampoo’s that are actually made of toxic chemicals, bad for your hair and not to mention I finish the bottle in less than a month. This recipe is easy, inexpensive and in my eyes works just as good as those expensive brands. It also helps blend the top of your hair to look lighter (for those of us with highlight growth)! I haven’t tried the cocoa power/cinnamon powder mixture (for brunettes) but I am sure it will have the same (ish) effect! I try my best to live a healthy lifestyle and use natural products as much as possible. This diy recipe is definitely a winner in my eyes. Not only will you save $$ and have great hair – but you will also be keeping your body healthy and happy by not using toxic products on your scalp. Let’s get started!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 drops of lavender essential oil and 1 drop of peppermint essential oil
- I used “NUMA” essential oils by Dr. Axe which is now called “Ancient Apothecary”. They are the BEST oils!
- P.S. You can also play around with using different essential oils that you love!
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch or arrowroot power( for blonde hair) or 2 tablespoons cocoa or cinnamon powder ( for brunettes / darker hair) / * I used arrowroot.
WHAT TO DO
- Mix all ingredients in the container you will store your dry shampoo in and stir with a spoon. ( I used a baby mason jar for my container.)
- Sprinkle mixture on your hair with fingers or you can use a clean makebrush to apply directly to your roots.
- Let mixture sit on your hair for at least 2 minutes before styling your hair.
- That’s it!! 🙂 Your hair will be looking fresh and fabulous in no time!
Let me know what y’all think after you try it!
Have a wonderful weekend beauties! ♥